FULL TIME COURSES COMMENCING AUTUMN 2021
Progress and grow in the agricultural industry at Salesian Agricultural College. The training you receive is not just a career path, but an education for best practice.
School leavers have two Entry Level courses available to them:
select the link assigned to each course for course information and details on how to apply
Option A - (2 years)
- Level 5 Certificate in Agriculture - apply to Teagasc
Second Year choose from one of the following:
- Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Agriculture (Dairy Herd Management)
- Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Agriculture (Drystock Herd Management)
- Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Agriculture (Mechanisation)
Option B - (2 years for level 6 & add on year for level 7)
- Higher Certificate in Engineering in Agricultural Mechanisation Level 6 - Apply through the CAO - 2 years
- Bachelor in Engineering in Agricultural Engineering Level 7 - 1 year add on
Option 2 courses are run in conjunction with Limerick Institute in Technology (LIT)
After successfully completing Option A or Option B you are qualified as a "Young Trained Farmer" (Green Cert)
Progression is also available through the Higher Education Links Scheme. Please contact the relevant higher education institute for further information.